Our editors have been asking for a way to embed twitter searches into their blogs. It turns out it’s really easy. Twitter offers a number of embeddable widgets.
- Log in to Twitter and click on Resources in the right sidebar
- Choose Widgets and then click “My Website”
- Choose the Search widget or any other widget
- Customize then embed!
- You may want to add some css on the page to customize the look of the widget. I had to here because my styles were interfering with it a bit.
- Edit the settings to set interval: 5000. This will make the widget update every 5s instead of the default 30s. You can also adjust the width and height.